Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Travels

Another new year and I slept through the festivities because I have been sick for a week. Anyway, I'm happy to look forward to the coming events of this year. Some travel plans so far...

I'm heading to Florida at the end of this month for work. The days aren't confirmed yet.

I hope to go to Atlanta sometime this month or the first of February. I miss my friend there a lot so as soon as I feel better, I'm going.

In June I'm going to take my mom to Iowa for the 2010 Capitol Heights reunion. The gang from Capitol Heights grew up together during the 30's 40's 50's and though many have moved away or passed away, there is still excitement as they meet at the United Methodist Church they attended as children. Can't wait to go and hear the stories about my mom, aunt, and uncles.

In July I will undoubtedly go to The Upper Room's yearly gathering called "Soulfeast." A week of singing, worship, and workshops in the North Carolina mountains. Since I'm a worker bee I don't get to the workshops, but it is still a time for me to grow spiritually. Even though it is a great deal of much work for so many people it is worth it. The event is open to people of all denominations, adults and children.

July will be the maiden voyage for my husband, brother, sister-in-law and myself to begin taking 1-2 trips a year to various ball parks in the US. It is my brother's dream to see them all so we begin in Chicago. Should be fun and I plan to take an architectural tour. I've only been to Chicago once and took the buildings tour. Now I want to see various neighborhoods. Yes!

My husband would love to go back to Las Vegas. We had fun in November, so I think shooting for another November trip should be in the plans.

Lovey





No comments: